What is HIIT?
Cardio exercise is important for your health and you should be doing some physical activity for at least 2 ½ hours a week, you can split it up where it can work out at 20 minutes a day. You may not enjoy running for hours on a treadmill or doing marathons then HIIT can be a great workout for you. It doesn’t take all day to complete and it can still push your cardiovascular fitness.
HIIT is high-intenisty interval training. It refers to short bursts of intense exercise alternated with low intensity recovery periods. It is great if you don’t have time to go to the gym or prefer doing workouts from home.
If you are using a treadmill then try this workout:
- First warm up with a 3 minute jog
- Then increase the speed and sprint for 15-20 seconds
- After that, walk or jog at a very slow pace for 1 minute
- Repeat this for 10 rounds
- (you can do this workout on a field as well)
Try this workout for a all over body workout:
- Set a timer for 12 minutes, you have a minute for each move, then rest until the minute finishes
- For your first minute do 15 jump squats
- For your second minute do 15 burpees
- For your third minute do 10 lying superman holds
- Repeat 4 times
Try this workout if you have a stationary bike:
- First warm up for a few minutes at a slow pace
- Then pedal as fast as you can for 30 seconds
- After this pedal slowly for one minute at a slow pace
- Repeat this for 10-20 rounds depending on the amount of time you have
There are hundreds of routines online and of different intensity levels, you can find the best workout for you. Ensure to warm up and cool down after you exercise to help prevent injuries from occurring.