Recent Covid-19 Updates
If you are unsure on what the new guidelines are, here is a breakdown of them. Ensure you are still washing your hands regularly for at least 20 seconds, covering your face in enclosed spaces, and staying 2 metres apart where possible.
- Customers in private hire vehicles and taxis must wear face coverings
- Customers in hospitality venues must wear face coverings, except when seated at a table to eat or drink.
- Staff in hospitality and retail will be required to wear face coverings.
- Staff working on public transport and taxis will be advised to wear face coverings
- People who are exempt from the existing face coverings obligations will still be exempt
Working from Home:
To help stop the spread of the virus, office workers who are able to work from home should do so over the winter. Public sector workers who work in essential services, including education should continue to go into work where necessary. Anyone else who cannot work from home should go to their place of work.
Meeting People Safely:
Social distancing is essential to stop the spread of the virus. With people you do not live with, you should avoid: physical contact, being close and face to face, shouting or singing close to them. You should avoid crowded areas with lots of people.
- Meet in groups of six or less
- Follow social distancing when you meet up
- Limit how many people you see socially over a short period of time
- Meet people outdoors where practical
- Weddings and civil partnerships will be restricted to a maximum of 15 people
- Support groups will be limited to 15 people
NHS Test and Trace App
If you have a smartphone, then download the government’s contact-tracing app. Here are some facts about the app:
- The new NHS Covid-19 app instructs users to self-isolate for 14 days if it detects that they were close to someone who has the virus.
- It allows people to check into venues they visit by scanning a QR code.
- The user has to be 16 years or over
- Alerts users if a venue they have visited is found to be an outbreak spot
- The app keeps secret who receives a self-isolation alert
- It allows users to order a free coronavirus test
If you require more information check out this website. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do/coronavirus-outbreak-faqs-what-you-can-and-cant-do