Are you struggling on finding healthy recipes to make that are delicious? It is important that we ensure we have our five a day and the correct nutrients. Take a look at the following recipes that are not only easy to cook but they a healthy and delicious!
Meatball & tomato soup
Get three of your 5-a-day in one serving with this healthy, low-calorie tomato soup. The addition of meatballs and giant couscous means it’s filling, too
1 ½ tbsp. rapeseed oil
2 red peppers
½ tbsp chilli flakes
2x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
100g giant couscous
500ml vegetable stock
12 pork meatballs
150g baby spinach
½ small bunch of basil
- Heat the oil in a saucepan. Fry the onion and peppers for 7 mins, then stir through the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for 1 min. Add the tomatoes, giant couscous and veg stock and bring to a simmer.
- Season to taste, then add the meatballs and spinach. Simmer for 5-7 mins or until cooked through. Ladle into bowls and top with the basil and some parmesan, if you like.
Stir fried chicken with broccoli and brown rice
Combine lean chicken with super-healthy broccoli, ginger and garlic for a quick and cheap, weeknight dinner
- 200g trimmed broccoli florets
- 1 chicken breast
- 15g ginger
- 2 garic cloves
- 1 red onion
- 1 roasted red pepper
- 2tsp mild chilli powder
- 1bsp reduced salt soy sauce
- 1tbsp honey
- 250g pack cooked brown rice
- Put the kettle on to boil and tip the broccoli into a medium pan ready to go on the heat. Pour the water over the broccoli then boil for 4 mins.
- Heat the olive oil in a non-stick wok and stir-fry the ginger, garlic and onion for 2 mins, add the mild chilli powder and stir briefly. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 mins more. Drain the broccoli and reserve the water. Tip the broccoli into the wok with the soy, honey, red pepper and 4 tbsp broccoli water then cook until heated through. Meanwhile, heat the rice following the pack instructions and serve with the stir-fry.
Hope you enjoy trying these healthy recipes out!