Free NHS Health Checks at Department of Work and Pensions.04/06/19
Free NHS Health Checks at Department of Work and Pensions.
We are based at John Rideal House. This is a famous local landmark and is a great central location to have your Health Check. Here, our Healthcare Assistants will be delivering FREE NHS HEALTH CHECKS.
You are eligible for the NHS Health Check if:
- You are a Doncaster or Barnsley resident, aged between 40 and 74
- You are not already receiving treatment for Cardio-vascular disease or taking medication for high blood pressure or statins for control of cholesterol
- You have not had the NHS Health Check in the last 5 years
This check is to assess your risk of developing Heart Disease, Type 2 Diabetes, Kidney Disease, Stroke and Dementia.
- Your blood pressure
- A few measurements
- Ask some questions about your lifestyle and family history
- A simple finger prick test to check your cholesterol levels to enable us to calculate your risk
- An HbA1c to check for diabetes if the risk indicators are present
We then offer you some simple steps and lifestyle changes to enable you to reduce your risk of developing these diseases.
Eligibility applies – please check on our website for more information
Please call 01302 315007 or email Abbie on firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment
To find out more information email email@example.com or call 01302 315007.
Department of Work and Pensions
John Rideal House
29 Shambles Street